eBay Line 6 Auction Watch   Official ION Variax 3.0 Coffee Mug   Red Iron Amps - Buffer2   The Musicians Place To Shop      
  THE LINE 6 USER GROUP DISCUSSION FORUM - Variax 500 Electronic parts
THE LINE 6 USER GROUP DISCUSSION FORUM
THE LINE 6 USER GROUP DISCUSSION FORUM
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 All Things Line 6
 All Things Variax...
 Variax 500 Electronic parts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Strange303
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  19:27:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a set of Variax 500 electronc parts but it's not in good shape at the moment; rusty connection, broken cables and connectors... Probably a transplant attempt gone very bad..
Please have a look at the pictures and let me know if you think there's still something to do with this or if it's basically a worthless piece of junk...
Can Line 6 or a service center repair something like this?
Is there a way to connect the piezos to the board without the orange cable?

onekillerbee
Member with too much time available

Reunion Island
4105 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  20:25:21  Show Profile  Send onekillerbee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
boards are not usually something that is a repairable part. Replacement yeah repair no. The cost may be prohibitive. I don't know what your up to because you haven't explained in any detail what this is all in reference to, so with that in mind my suggestion to you would be to get a new 300 cheap they are going for less than 300 dollars these days and transplant from that if that is indeed what your planing. If not then tell us more

If I could have it all. Then what would be left?
Member Since 1.01

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY,
they meet at the bar."
Go to Top of Page

Strange303
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  18:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there an alternate way to plug the piezos to the main board?
Since the bridge connector is broken on the main board, I guess there's nothing that can be done with it unless there's an alternate way of pluging those pizos on that board...
Go to Top of Page

midirose
Member-At-Large

414 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  18:53:33  Show Profile  Visit midirose's Homepage  Send midirose an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes there is. Check out this thread.

http://www.instituteofnoise.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24001&SearchTerms=pinched

RWJ

http://www.exit45.com/guitar
Go to Top of Page

Strange303
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  22:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks a lot!
Seems there might still be some hope for that board after all!

Could you tell me how you onnect the ribbon cable on the bridge side?
Do you use a vero board or you just solder it directly to the piezos elements? Same for the earth connection?
Or maybe I should post this question on that other thread?

Also, do you have any idea what the unused 8-pin conector is for on the top side of the main board? I think it's J1, just besides the biggest chip (you can see it on the 1st pic above)...
Thanks again...
Go to Top of Page

midirose
Member-At-Large

414 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  03:39:30  Show Profile  Visit midirose's Homepage  Send midirose an AOL message  Reply with Quote
check out this link about hsalf way down

http://line6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=003769

RWJ

http://www.exit45.com/guitar

Edited by - midirose on 04/01/2007 03:39:54
Go to Top of Page

Strange303
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  18:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason, I get sound from TPA, TPB, TPC and TPD but nothing from TPE and TPF...
Am I out of luck?
Is there still something I could do?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE LINE 6 USER GROUP DISCUSSION FORUM © 1999-2014 The Institute Of Noise Go To Top Of Page
You wasted 0.42 seconds generating this page. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03
Riff Box - Intelligent Looping Technology   Order the Bad Dog U CD now!   Order the Comber CD now!   Vetta Toolkit Upgrade

This Ticker is NOT an Ad, it's real-time Amber Alert for abducted children. Please take a moment and check for alerts.